What’s new with the Sacramento Urban Agriculture Coalition?
We’ve partnered with CropMobster, Valley Vision, and others to create a new Urban Ag Map! Check it out, and submit your garden or farm today.
What else are we working on?
- SUAC will work with the County of Sacramento to extend the Urban Agriculture Incentive Zone – currently only covering the City of Sacramento – to unincorporated County properties. That change will take effect later in 2017 if all goes well.
- SUAC will work with the City of Sacramento to further expand the City’s Urban Agriculture Ordinance, specifically to remove restrictions around the days of week people can sell produce.
- SUAC will identify vacant parcels that are eligible for the Urban Agriculture Incentive Zone to help budding urban farmers find a place to lay some seeds.
- SUAC will partner with urban agriculture experts to host workshops and other events to help people take full advantage of the new laws. Join us on March 25th to learn about starting a farm stand!
- SUAC is partnering with advocates from across the state to extend the Urban Agriculture Incentive Zone in State law, as it will currently sunset in 2018.
Have questions or ideas? Let us know! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org